บทความจาก TechCrunch พูดถึงสถิติของ Twitter จากนักวิเคราะห์ภายนอก
Twitter Data Analysis: An Investor’s Perspective
Summary ของ TechCrunch
- Twitter’s user growth is no longer accelerating. The rate of new user acquisition has plateaued at around 8 million per month.
- Over 14% of users don’t have a single follower, and over 75% of users have 10 or fewer followers.
- 38% of users have never sent a single tweet, and over 75% of users have sent fewer than 10 tweets.
- 1 in 4 registered users tweets in any given month.
- Once a user has tweeted once, there is a 65% chance that they will tweet again. After that second tweet, however, the chance of a third tweet goes up to 81%.
- If someone is still tweeting in their second week as a user, it is extremely likely that they will remain on Twitter as a long-term user.
- Users who joined in more recent months are less likely to stop using the service and more likely to tweet more often than users from the past.
- In Q3, this plateaus at a rate of about 8 million new users per month
- As of September 1st, the actual number of live Twitter accounts was just above 50 million.
- the average Twitter user has 42 followers
- over 75% of all Twitter users have tweeted fewer than ten times.
- Protected Profiles: The overall number sits around 10% (and dropping):
- protected users tend to tweet far more often, but have far fewer followers
- Our sample data set showed that less than 0.02% of Twitter users have sent more than 3,200 tweets.
- Twitter client ที่นิยมสุดในตอนนี้คือ Tweetdeck ตามด้วย Echofon และ txt
- the average time between any two tweets from the same user is exactly 24 hours.
- only about 1 in 4 registered users is actually tweeting in any given month.